Welcome to Trafford’s largest town – Altrincham
We generally bang on about how great city centre life is however, there’s a whole load of other cracking locations further out in the suburbs. Take Altrincham for example, let’s just stop for a second and appreciate Trafford’s largest town.
‘Alty’ as it’s commonly referred to by the locals is a thriving and well-connected hub. Its host to a wide range of leisure activities and has more amenities than you could shake a stick at. For the ‘foodies’ amongst us, you’ll be in absolute heaven. The town is chocca-full of restaurants, bars and cafes – not to mention the quirky retail units and high end stores. From small boutiques to its large M&S, you can literally shop-till-you-drop. In the event that you get peckish (shopping is tiring work!), Altrincham Market has undergone a huge £175k makeover in recent years and now it’s one of the swankiest dining places we’ve ever visited. It’s managed to fuse street food with fine dining and boy has this formed a winning combination.
By the admission of its very own dedicated website, the ‘prosperity of the town and its inhabitants are almost unparalleled outside the south east of England’. We reckon there are several factors why this is the case:
1) Small businesses thrive in Altrincham. Home to a whole hoard of small enterprises, it really is the place where business dreams actually materialise
2) There’s a great work/life balance. Gyms, golf clubs and ice rinks are all on the doorstep. Boredom doesn’t exist and there’s little excuses for couch potatoes
3) Speaking of doorsteps, Altrincham has a vibrant nightlife. Bars and restaurants transform from daytime family places to eat & drink into great night-time social retreats
4) The ultra-cool towns of Hale & Bowdon are right next door; proper football and celeb central
5) The Cheshire countryside is literally a short walk away. Think picturesque views, long Sunday walks… yep, you catch our drift
Did we mention the schools? Altrincham has some of the best educational institutions in Trafford – just one of the many reasons it’s so popular with families. There’s also an abundance of parks, nature walks and kid-friendly activities. This town literally has it all – including a new state-of-the-art hospital (just in case the little un’s fall into any trouble on the swings!)
Transport wise, residents of Altrincham are spoilt for choice. Altrincham Interchange is home to the bus station, train station and the Metrolink line – this connects you to all surrounding areas including Manchester and Stockport in a matter of minutes. See, we told you it was a great place to be.
If you’d like more information about Altrincham and would like to see what properties Ascend have available in this cracking location, call us on 0161 637 8336 today.