The Manchester Building Boom!
We’re only in the second month of the year and it already looks like Manchester is destined for huge things in 2018. As long-time residents of this cracking city, we never cease to be amazed by what’s around the corner - a fancy shopping outlet, cool new hangout district, or expanding our commuter friendly public transport. We’ve had it all, with more to boot. It’s always been such an exciting place to both live and work but it’s a place that just seems to get bigger and better with time – and we’ve been lucky enough to see it all happen.
We could go on forever about Manchester’s endless landmarks and attractions, it’s all part of what makes the city such an ace place to be. But there’s nothing we love more than talking about our favourite subject – property. Handy for us, the team over at Deloitte have produced annual crane reports for a number of cities across the UK, including one for Manchester to help fuel our property construction cravings. True to form, the report had us hooked from the moment it was released. And it didn’t disappoint.
For Manchester, it’s been a particularly massive year. The report named Manchester one of the fastest growing cities in Europe for construction. You can’t say that’s not impressive.
Here’s some more interesting statistics we dug out from the survey:
· Manchester city centre has more than 11,000 individual units currently under construction across 41 development schemes
· The number of residential units under construction has increased 60% compared to the previous year
· Construction began on 32 new schemes across the city over the last 12 months
· It’s not just the residential sector either - six office developments totalling 1.5million sq. ft. are also underway in the city, signalling great business and employment prospects
· There’s also a shedload of new retail and leisure space on the way too, so you’ll never be short of something to do in the city!
And since property is the hot topic of the hour, we thought we’d take this opportunity to mention some of the most anticipated developments that are currently under construction across the city. Keep your eyes peeled for some of these one of kind developments coming to the city very soon…
· Circle Square – If you’re a resident of Manchester, or even the nearby area, chances are you will have already heard of, or even strolled past the mighty Circle Square. A project from Select Property Group and Bruntwood, this is a development like no other. Its three phases means that some of it is already up and running, but full project completion won’t be expected until around 2023. So for the time being, just sit back and follow the journey here.
· Kampus – Capital and Centric and Henry Boot have teamed up as partners in crime for the construction of this new development. Another huge project in the making, Kampus is set to be rife with Mancunian flair and spirit, so safe to say it’s already got a special place in our hearts before it’s even been built. Keep up to date with all the latest on this development here.
· Manhattan – If you thought Manchester was already the coolest city in the world, you’d be right. But combine it with a powerhouse like New York and you’d get pure magic – and this new scheme from Property Alliance does exactly that by bringing the two worlds together in an exciting new project. Famous for its loft style apartments, these new apartments bring a touch of Manhattan to us right here in Manchester. Want to know more? Check out all the details here.
· Downtown – Yet another impressive development to hit the streets of Manchester, this new project from McGoff will knock your socks off. The apartment block is due for full completion in 2020 and is set to be kitted out with amenities and utilities you didn’t even know you needed until now. With a cinema room, gymnasium, in-house spa and a swanky roof terrace, everything really is waiting for you at Downtown! Find out more here.
You only have to step off the train at Piccadilly to be greeted by the sight of cranes in the sky. They’re all over the place as the city is undergoing so many regeneration projects and the new developments just keep flooding in, and we’ve only been able to name a small few. Construction is going on in every corner and there’s nothing better than being able witness the city transforming right before our very eyes every day. If you’re looking to move to Manchester, you couldn’t have picked a better time with so many new homes and developments on the way.
If you fancy a nosey, you can read the full report from Deloitte for yourself here. Is there a new development on the way in Manchester that you are looking forward to seeing the most? Get in touch with us via our social media channels (Twitter here and Facebook here) to let us know!
And if you haven’t planned your move to Manchester yet, then what are you waiting for? We’re here to help you with all your property needs. Whether you’re looking for your first home, a new rental property or just want to find out more about the services we offer, then give us a call today on 0161 637 8336. You won’t be disappointed.
Posted 2 months ago
More from Manchester
What more new homes could mean for Manchester and Salford
10 months ago
When you live in a place that’s been voted as the number one city in the UK to live, it’s understandable that there’s a bit of a queue to get in.Read more
Property Market: Where will Manchester be in 12 months time?
10 months ago
So much has happened in the past year, we’ve barely had time to stop and catch our breathRead more